Overhead line technology by LAPP Insulators and PFISTERER
Our insulators for overhead line construction are subjected to huge mechanical loads on a daily basis: The towers for transporting electrical energy can be up to 500 meters apart, meaning that the insulators have to carry heavy lines. They also have to withstand these forces for a number of decades without losing any of their operational safety.
Custom-made insulators for any application
The hallmark of insulators by PFISTERER and LAPP Insulators is that they can be tailor-made to any requirements. What does that mean? Our products are not mass-produced standard solutions, they are designed precisely to meet existing climate-based, environmental, and load conditions.
Complete insulator strings: planned, tested, and produced by PFISTERER
PFISTERER has over 40 years of experience as a pioneer in the field of silicone composite insulators, which includes designing and producing complete insulator strings. For more complicated projects, we offer end-to-end solutions from a single source based on an extensive advisory and planning service, and simulations and tests in our own labs.
Vibration damping increases operational safety and service life
Our vibration-damping spacers and Stockbridge dampers are particularly effective for reducing conductor line vibrations caused by the wind. Thanks to their optimized design, they cut aeolian vibrations and sub-span oscillations to a minimum. As a result, the conductor can be operated safely throughout its service life. We also offer various vibration recorders and conduct vibration studies as the ultimate way of testing damping systems or identifying the source of conductor damage.
- Non-Ceramic Insulators Product Information - US version (pdf, 1 MB)
- Compact Lines (pdf, 1 MB)
- Vibrec 500 Recorders - Product Information (pdf, 392 KB)
- Vibrec 500 Recorders Product Information - US version (pdf, 392 KB)
- Warning Spheres - Product Information (PDF, 241 KB)
- Spacer Dampers - Product Information (pdf, 778 KB)
- Spacer Dampers - Product Information US Version (pdf, 6 MB)
- Stockbridge Dampers - Product Information (pdf, 505 KB)
- Stockbridge Dampers - Product Information US Version (pdf, 4 MB)
- Silicone Insulators - Technical facts - Product Information (pdf, 1 MB)
- Overhead Lines - Application Information (pdf, 2 MB)